Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Unwritten Law of Drycleaning



Before continuing please check out the above hilarious clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Unwritten Law of Drycleaning.

Classic, Larry! But, seriously there is a perception getting around that if you get a garment from the drycleaner that is not yours, its cool to keep it. The perception is that sometimes you may lose a garment, and that is 'just how it is'. Win some, lose some. In this case Larry certainly lost.

Dave the Drycleaner is here to change that perception. Something that Larry David couldn't quite do.

Its not OK for a drycleaner to lose your garments. And if your drycleaner tries to tell you that, tell him to stick his unwritten law you know where. Losing a garment unfortunately happens in this line of work and should be taken seriously. It is a quite easy to place a business shirt or a pair of trousers on the wrong order. But rarely should that order go out to a customer with the wrong items on it and rarely does it actually happen.

Most reputable drycleaners use point-of-sale systems which contains info on all customers and all orders. So in any case, other customers can be contacted to see if they have accidentally received your garment.

If it cannot be found, most drycleaners will either replace the item, or pay a claim to an agreed amount, depending on factors such as depreciation etc.

My advice to everyone would be, If you receive a garment from your drycleaner that is not yours, return it to the drycleaner. They will usually offer you a credit note from your act of honesty and goodwill. Plus, think of all the extra Karma you will get. It could come in handy if the drycleaner loses something of yours.

Latersss

17 comments:

  1. Just wow! thankyou author for sharing your very well explained and informative work. Meanwhile, here’s also the Drycleaner, https://www.cottoncare.com.sg feel free to message us or visit our website, we offer you this at a very affordable price. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an informative work. Meanwhile, here’s also the dry cleaning service singapore delivery you can visit too our website https://www.cottoncare.com.sg offering services in affordable prices. thankyou!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Trivia about rug cleaning services singapore it is essential to have this kind of services if you are a person who is so busy in many things, like work or meetings and etc most probably you can’t face this kind of chores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it helpful to me when I'm reading this article about laundry service delivery because this was a topic that we consider to be the most topic we must know since we are handling an event regarding this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don’t you ever write like this before? Because it looks like that you really care about dry cleaning service singapore delivery I didn’t want to misconceptualized these things so I just want to recognize this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your creative potential seems limitless. There’s a lot of writings, articles and blogs that are not catchy in the eye but it seems like you master it. However have you tried laundry service delivery Singapore? I just want to know if you have good experience on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was curious how can I have rug cleaning services singapore since I needed it as the morning shines, so I just take time to read some blogs and this one gets my eyes because of the headline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This laundry service delivery is somewhat not so really
    important but helpful to someone who needs it the most like some offices who really do care about things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a smart cookie. No one see things like yours! And I’d love to join you in the way you see things and share useful thoughts, like this work you’ve made. I must also share to you this awesome office carpet cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having some fun time in searching for blogs that somehow caught my attention is the best thing I've done in my leisure time, and I was really interested in topics related to
    Dry cleaner since this really helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have any idea about dry cleaning services Singapore? I heard that you have some information about it, hope that I will see it in your post sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was surprised because you did a great job! This blogs for dry cleaning service can be used as reference for projects or thesis about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was a really good article about dry cleaning service singapore, you are very specific and precise in every detail, I must say that it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was curious how can I have laundry service delivery since I needed it as the morning shines, so I just take time to read some blogs and this one gets my eyes because of the headline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was good to read, it’s not really kind an important thing to talk about but somehow matters in it’s own ways, so Im still search for laundry service delivery Singapore and I found some relevant ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete